Hon. Ekow Hayford Quansah, Mfantseman MP was killed on Friday dawn when he was returning from a campaign program held at Dorminase to his residence at Mankessim.
He was killed after he was alleged to have identified himself as a sitting to the armed robbers who were on a dawn operation on the Mankessim – Abeadze Duadze road.
However, yours truly GhanaVanguard.com has come out with lot of things you do not probably know about the MP.
Below are what you do not know about the late Hon. Ekow Hayford Quansah;
- Ekow Hayford Quansah was born on December 24, 1970. This means the late MP would have clocked 50 years in two months time if his life had not been cut short this morning by armed robbers who are still on the run.
- He had a Business Administration degree from the Methodist University College of Ghana (MUCG) which has it main campus at Dansoman.
- Quansah also had a masters degree in Supply Chain Management from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
- He was the owner and CEO of Apam Football Club,a division two club in Central Region.
- He was an officer of the Ghana Police Service from 1993 to 1998. His rank at the time was D/CPL.
- From 2012 to 2016, Quansah was the CEO of a top hotel, Modisa Lodge in Central Region.
- He entered parliament for the first in January 2017 after beating his main contender, NDC’s James Essoun with 726 votes. He succeeded Mr Aquainas Tawiah Quansah, an NDC former MP.
The body of Hon. Quansah has been deposited at the Saltpond Hospital morgue where his supported thronged early in the morning to mourn his sudden demise.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.