MacKenzie Anderson death

Some Australians are blaming their country’s justice system for not doing enough to protect and safe the life of Mackenzie Anderson.

Mackenzie Anderson, a 21-year-old mother of a baby boy, was found unresponsive in her home with multiple stab wounds, in the New South Wales city of Newcastle. She subsequently was declared dead.

The suspect, Tyrone Thompson whom Mackenzie Anderson was in a abusive relationship with, is alleged to have entered Anderson’s Mayfield apartment on Friday and carried out the gruesome attack.

Tyrone, 22, was recently released from custody after serving four months, for a domestic violence incident involving Anderson who is now deceased.

Just 16 days after his release, he stabbed her partner to death.

Some Australians, while reacting to the sad incident, accused the judicial system of the country of failing to protect the young mother.

They are of the view that if ‘abusive’ Tyrone had not been released early, he would not have gotten the chance to perpetuate the crime.

Some too are of the view that the Australian justice system does not take issues of domestic violence seriously, reason why Tyrone was softly handled and released without serving his full nine months sentence.

“…she deserved the right to a life with her son, her son deserves to grow up with his mother… the system has failed her and many other DV victims….” a tweep, Hill, said in a tweet.

Another tweep said: “Mackenzie Anderson was failed by our justice system. How many times do the cops tell DV victims to seek help, speak up.. she literally did that and more and still wasn’t protected enough.”

“…Max took all the right steps to try and protect herself & her son Eli, the ex got out of jail 16 days prior and found her. They failed her & now Eli is without his mum, rest in love sweet angel,” Prince tweeted.

Another tweep also has this to say; “…let down by the system. More needs to be done to stop these horrific and needless deaths.”

The suspect, Thompson was formally charged with murder, enter with intent and breaching an apprehended domestic violence order on Sunday, March 27.

He briefly appeared via video link before the Newcastle Local Court on Monday, March 28, but he did not enter a plea, nor did he apply for bail.

Meanwhile, Newcastle residents, mostly women, have taken to the streets to rally against domestic violence which is on the rise in the country.

Some of them hold placards with the inscription “5 WOMEN MURDURED IN THE LAST WEEK BY MEN THEY KNEW. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A MEN’S ISSUE.”

Source: GhanaVanguard.com


Send your news stories or articles for publication to [email protected] or send them via whatsapp; 233(0)546748281

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here